Healthy Weight Loss Smoothies for Fast Fatloss & Fitness Results
Ever since I read The Abs Diet I gave up the processed weight loss smoothies and store bought shakes and started blending my own weight loss smoothies with real food ingredients.
It take less than 3 minutes, boosts the nutrient content of your weight loss smoothie plus tastes better and keeps you satisfied longer which all results in more weight loss and faster fatloss too.
According to Ori Hoffmekler author of the Anti-Estrogenic Diet, and Unlock Your Muscle Gene: Trigger the Biological Mechanisms That Transform Your Body and Extend Your Life, highly processed shake powders are terrible for fatloss because they are nutritionally deficient and chock full of chemicals your body can't process which often results in stubborn fat deposits (the exact opposite of what you want!).
If your goal is to lose weight and stubborn fat faster and with less setbacks be sure to use real food ingredients in your smoothies. Get started with any of the recipes below. BTW, I use Ori's Warrior Whey Organic Protein Powder for all my smoothies. It's the best tasting protein powder out there.
Weight Loss Smoothies: Chocolate Smoothie Recipes
Val's Chocolate Cherry Smoothie: (featured in video)
4 oz water
2 cups frozen cherries and berries
1 scoop chocolate whey protein powder
Abs Diet Ultimate Power Smoothie:
6 ice cubes
1 cup 1% milk
2 tablespoons low-fat vanilla or plain yogurt
3/4 cup raw oatmeal
2 teaspoons natural peanut butter
2 teaspoons chocolate whey protein powder
Monica's Chocolate Caffeine Smoothie:
6 ice cubes
4 oz coffee
1 scoop chocolate whey protein
1 tbsp natural peanut butter
1 cup berries (optional)
I got this recipe from an all natural smoothie place in South Beach Miami. If you're a caffeine addict like I am this is a great breakfast smoothie.
Weight Loss Smoothies: Green Smoothie Recipes
Green Citrus Smoothie:
splash of water and ice cubes
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
1 cup pineapple
2-3 cups dark leafy greens
Monica's Post Workout Smoothie
4 oz of homemade iced green tea
1 cup organic vanilla yogurt
1-2 handfuls of organic spinach or kale
1 scoop organic whey protein powder
drizzle of honey
Jack's Fast Cheap Green Raw Smoothie:
2 cups purified water
about 4 cups kale
1/2 pear, 1 banana, 1 cup frozen mango
1 medjool date.
Delicious, affordable, and beautiful color too. Check out Jack's video and get more tropical green smoothie recipes in this post: Smoothies That Boost Fatloss If you have a great recipe or question you can post it there too.
Tips for Great Weight Loss Smoothies
1. Add liquid ingredients first, then powders, and fruit last. This keeps the mess to a minimum and makes a smoother shake.
2. Add or reduce liquid to adjust thickness to your preference.
3. Leave out the fat in post workout smoothies. According to Mike Geary author of Truth About Abs, post workout is the best time to carb it up and go fat free. Click the link for more of his Post Workout Meal tips that boost fatloss.
4. Don't be afraid to experiment with ingredients. So what if it looks or tastes weird once in a while. It's fuel and experimenting allows you to create recipes you really love.
5. Add probiotics, omegas, electrolytes or other supplements if you need them. I often use chia and raspberry electrolytes in my shakes to boost my immune system.
6. Try a shake a day. One shake per day can help you squeeze more fruits and veggies into your diet and saves calories which can boost weight loss and fatloss too.
7. Use all natural or organic ingredients as often as possible. According to Ori, the cleaner your fuel the more fat you'll burn! Try Warrior Whey Organic Protein Powder.
More Weight Loss Smoothie Recipes
2/3 cup frozen berries
1/2 cup cubed honeydew melon
4 oz. low-fat vanilla or plain yogurt
3/4 cup 1% milk
2 teaspoons vanilla whey powder
3 ice cubes crushed
1 cup almond milk
1 tbsp flax meal
3 tbsp raw carob powder
1 tbsp of real maple syrup
Check out the video here for one last smoothie recipe.