The tabata protocol interval training workout will help you burn tons of fat and calories in under 20 minutes. All you need is your bodyweight and a Gymboss Interval Timer.
Tabata Intervals Workout Instructions:
Start with 5 minute of easy jump rope drills or head outdoors and walk or run at a moderate to fast pace. This is your warm-up so don't go too hard and just have fun with it.
Continue with 4 rounds of the four exercises below going from one to the next using the tabata protocol to time your intervals.
Quad squats 20 sec. work 10 sec. rest Reaching arch 20 sec. work 10 sec. rest Lateral leg swoops 20 sec. work 10 sec. rest Jump squats 20 sec. work 10 sec. rest Repeat 4 times
Finish up with 5 more minutes of suicide runs. You can use stairs or do them in your backyard or at the park. Run up the stairs or across your backyard or across a field at the park then walk or skip back to where you started and repeat until your 5 minutes are up.
This tabata intervals workout is a great way to burn fat and calories and the best part is it only takes 18 minutes. You can do this on non strength training days and also combine with core workouts.
Tabata Intervals Workout Tips:
1. Monitor RPE, RPT, RPD to make sure you are working out at a level challenging enough for fatloss.
2. Forget perfection and just do your best. Your skill and endurance will improve over time and as you can see in the video even trainers struggle with intervals some days.
3. Tabatas are only part of the fatloss equation. If you want great results make sure to eat fat burning foods too.
4. Use a Gymboss Interval Timer. Nothing will slow you down more than having to deal with wall clocks and timers that are not programmable.
5. Try tabatas with strength training exercises from time to time for increased fatloss.