Simple Fat Burning Tips for Great Results from Your Fat Burning Workouts
These 10 fat burning tips work for all super busy people who don't have the time or the energy to spend 2 hours in the gym 4 days a week but still want great fatloss results.
Current research shows that shorter more intense workouts are much more effective for weight loss, fat loss, and general fitness than longer more traditional workouts.
Just follow the 10 fat burning tips below and you'll get great results without ever having to spend more than 20-30 minutes working out.
Fat Burning Tips That Boost Calorie/ Fat Burning
1. Warm-up for 3-8 minutes before you start. More than that will tire you out and less than that is just asking for injuries. A warm-up may sound like a big waste of time but it does 3 important things:
- 1. It lubricates joints and increases blood flow and oxygen to muscles. This means more endurance and less injuries.
- 2. It prepares you mentally and for some emotionally. This means better focus and more efficiency.
- 3. It increases heart rate and oxygen to muscles. This means more calories burned during a workout.
2. Incorporate interval cardio into your workouts and especially when just doing cardio. In one research study participants who engaged in 90 sessions of traditional (long and boring) cardio over a 20 week period lost 1% bodyfat, while participants who engaged in 25 sessions of moderate intensity cardio then 35 sessions of high intensity cardio over a 15 week period lost 3% bodyfat. Additional studies have shown that participants who engaged in short high intensity training lost 9 times more fat than those who performed long low intensity training. The numbers speak for themselves.
3. Work at between 85%-95% max of your target heart rate during cardio intervals. Most fat burning workouts on this site include cardio bursts i.e. sprinting, mountain climbers,jump rope, etc. Work at 85-95% of your max during these bursts and you will burn more calories and boost endurance faster which means more energy for your strength segments and even more calories and fat burned overall.
Fat Burning Tips that Blast Fatloss Plateaus Fast
4. Turn up the intensity big time. Most people workout in a comfort zone that actually does include hard work but sometimes it's not hard enough. The key to getting out of that comfort zone is measuring what is hard for you then going beyond that for short spurts. You should feel slightly uncomfortable,be breathing much harder, be sweating more, and basically feel like it's a bit more than you can handle.
Ori Hoffmekler, author of one of the best fatloss diets shows you my favorite ways to burn more fat. Running intervals with hands in combat position burns like crazy but it works.
5. Have a weekly or monthly challenge. Working out for the sake of staying fit and looking good isn't half as effective as fitness with a goal. When you infuse your fitness routine with purpose you tend to train at your full potential which leads to more visible results faster. Challenge yourself weekly and you're more likely to train hard and stick to it.
Fat Burning Tips That Create The Lean Sexy Look
6. Stretch after every workout or practice quick yoga. Flexibility is often the most overlooked part of a fitness program. Some find it boring and complain that it doesn't burn many calories, and for others it's a bit painful, but doing it does 3 things.
- It lengthen and aligns your body and when your body is in alignment it looks better and works more efficiently, burning more calories.
- It relieves tightness and fatigue so you have more energy for more activity plus you are less likely to overeat and binge because you are exhausted and in pain.
- It reduces stress especially if you are doing yoga, which in turn reduces cortisol levels that cause your body to store fat and look bloated.
7. Be sure exercises in your fat burning workouts target your trouble zones every time. If you want great legs find workouts that target legs every time you train (lunges with rows, squats with presses, etc). If you want great abs find workouts with exercises that work the abs the entire time whether you're working back, legs, or arms.
8. Start tracking and fixing your diet. Are you unaware of your total calorie, fat, carb, and liquids intake? Do you reward your hard work in the gym with caramel machiatto's and cheeseburgers? You have to support your workouts with good eating habits. That means eating healthy 90% of the time. Eating 5-6 small meals consistently day in and day out. Keeping your body hydrated. Cheating only once or twice a week. Eating the right foods at the right times. Cutting back on alcohol and sugar big time. If you're not doing all these things then you'll be fit but you won't look fit.
Fat Burning Tips That Boost Motivation & Consistency
9. Workout at least 5 times a week. One of the advantages of fat burning workouts is they are shorter and they allow muscles to recover faster. This means you should workout almost daily. This boosts metabolism and burns more calories and fat for better results. Other great advantages include looking better faster which builds motivation and having better endurance for tougher activities like hiking, basketball, or kayaking.
10. Make sure your workout is challenging but also fun. When your workouts are fun then you're more likely to stick to it and consistency is the key to getting results. Most workouts that are great for your body type will include exercises that you may not like so that's why it's important to do plenty of what you do love. It's all about compromise and having fun.
Get a hot body faster by combining your fat burning tips with a great fatloss diet that works for you.