Did you know that David Beckham dropped from 13% body fat to 8% bodyfat and improved his sports performance with Pilates?
If you ever doubted that Pilates could help you burn fat, get lean, and super fit then just check out Beckham's pics and career the last 3 years.
Or get started with the Pilates core workout below. I've not been this sore in my core since aerial trapeze!
Many other ultra lean toned athletes and celebrities do Pilates too but what motivated me to get my Pilates certification is that Pilates works for fitness, fatloss as well as health and wellness. Here's why:
1. Moves the body as a whole, trains core stability and movement vs. muscle isolation.
2. Teaches you purposeful movement and improves breathing so you exercise with excellent technique and get better results.
3. Creates balance between strength and flexibility so you get lean, strong, and toned without bulking up.
4. Improves posture and prevents injuries which boosts fatloss. When your body can move more efficiently it burns more fat and calories.
5. Focuses on holistic approach to fitness so you get a better body inside and out.
I can't wait to start incorporating what I've learned into new fatloss workouts that also improve strength, flexibility, and core strength. I'm filming a new Pilates inspired fatloss workout next week!
"Our interpretation of physical fitness is the attainment and maintenance of a uniformly developed body with sound mind fully capable of naturally, easily, and satisfactorily performing our many and varied daily tasks with spontaneous zest and pleasure." Joe Pilates