Quick Fat Loss Workout - Tabata Intervals or 30 Sec. Intervals
The quick fat loss workout is an intermediate to advanced level workout that will help you burn more fat and sculpt a lean toned body in less time without much equipment or heavy lifting.
It combines some of the best fat burning exercises and body toning exercises into a quick workout that will strengthen and flatten your abs, tighten and tone your butt, legs, arms and back and improve endurance, mobility, and coordination.
All you need for this workout is a mega medicine ball, a gymboss timer and a positive can do attitude for more complex movement patterns.
Quick Fat Loss Workout Instructions
Workout Option 1: Perform the first 4 exercises below for 20 sec. work 10 sec. rest (also known as the tabata protocol) and repeat 3 more times. Then continue with the next 3 exercises for 30 seconds each going from one to the next without rest. After one circuit rest for 30-60 seconds then repeat 3 more times. This option takes 16 minutes.
Workout Option 2: Perform the first 4 exercises below for 20 sec. work 10 sec. rest (also known as the tabata protocol) and repeat 3 more times. Then continue with the next 3 exercises for 20 sec. work 10 sec. rest and repeat 6 more times. This option takes 20 min.
Medicine Ball Mountain Climbers 20 sec. work 10 sec. rest
Jumping Jill 20 sec. work 10 sec. rest
Medicine Ball Squat to Overhead Press 20 sec. work 10 sec. rest
Repeat 3 more times (8 min. of work)
Medicine Ball Mountain Climber to Diagonal Chop 20 sec. work 10 sec. rest or 30 sec.
Medicine Ball Swinging Lunge 20 sec. work 10 sec. rest or 30 sec.
Medicine Ball Spinal Rock Getup 20 sec. work 10 sec. rest or 30 sec.
Medicine Ball Spinal Rock Getup (other side) 20 sec. work 10 sec. rest or 30 sec.
Option 1: Rest 30-60 sec. then repeat 3 more times (8 min. work) or if doing Option 2: No Rest & Repeat 6 more times (12 min. of work)
Quick Fat Loss Workout Tips
1. This workout is designed to get your heart rate up fast and to keep it fairly high the entire time you are working out. If you find that this is too challenging please extend your rest periods or work for reps instead of time until you build more endurance.
2. For maximum fat loss and body toning results be sure to contract your deep abs (TVA) every time you lift, swing, rotate, or bend over. If you need help with this tie a string around your waist so it's a bit snug when you are standing and relaxed. If you are performing the exercises with good technique your abs will pull away from the string every time you lift, swing, rotate, or bend over with the ball.
3. Keep knees behind the toes at all times and sit into the heel and glute every time you squat, lunge, or get up to kneeling position. The more you use your abs and butt to stabilize the more fat you burn and the easier it will be to flow between movement patterns.
4. This workout can also be performed with a dumbbell, sandbag, or sandbell. You can modify this workout many different ways as long as you maintain the rotational movements and the arms overhead movements.
5. This workout may look easy but is definitely not for beginners since it combines 3-4 basic movement patterns into much more complex ones i.e. burpee + rotating squat + chop + rotating lunge. If you do not have the core stability to do more complex movement patterns like this be sure to work up to it. Break down the movement patterns or start with easier fat loss workouts like the Primal Pattern Circuit Workout or the Total Body Weight Loss Workout.
Quick Fat Loss Workout Inspiration
My inspiration for this quick fat loss workout came from a variety of sources including Paul Chek's Primal Pattern Movement Circuit, Jose Limon Dance Co. and David Zambrano's Fling Low Technique.
Paul Chek recommends using primal pattern movement to burn fat, boost health and improve endurance for the activities you enjoy.
Jose Limon is considered a pioneer of American Dance. Limon Dance Technique is one of the most expressive forms of movement and is taught all over the world.
Flying Low is a contemporary dance technique that is taught all over the world. It was created by David Zambrano a dancer/choreographer who damaged all the ligaments in his arches from too many high impact workouts.