The primal endurance workout boosts both cardio and muscular endurance, burn tons of fat, and will unleash your inner goddess.
Start with 3 minutes of mobility exercises. If you're not sure what to do check out primal vitality workout A warm-up circuit. This will prep your body for a great workout so be sure not to skip your mobility work.
After your warm-up continue with the two circuits below. All you need is an Interval Timer and some type of heavy jump rope or a lighter rope with some knots tied into it for weight. You can buy all types of rope at a hardware store for around $6.
Muscular Endurance Fatloss Circuit:
Perform each bodyweight exercise for 30 seconds taking 15 seconds to transition between exercises. This is a continuous work circuit so there is no rest between round. Five rounds takes 12 1/2 minutes and six rounds takes 15 minutes.
Squat thrust to modified swinging plank 30 sec. work 10 sec. rec. Modified single leg squat to wheel 30 sec. work 10 sec. rec. Modified single leg squat to wheel (other side) 30 sec. work 10 sec. rec. Modified piston pushup 30 sec. work 10 sec. rec. Alternating lateral swoop to updog 30 sec. work 10 sec. rec. No rest repeat for 5-6 total circuits
Cardio Endurance Fatloss Circuit:
Perform each exercise for 30 seconds taking 15 seconds to transition between exercises. After one round rest for 45 seconds then repeat 2-3 more times.
Rolling Rope fig. 8 side to side Rope single jumps or high knees Lunge stance rope lassos or rolling rope side to side Lunge stance rope lassos (other side) or rolling rope side to side Rest 45 sec. repeat for 4-5 total circuits
Cool down with 5 minutes of easy stretches and pay special attention to your shoulders, triceps, calves, and chest.
Primal Endurance Fatloss Workout Tips:
1. Always land softly on the feet when jumping or thrusting.
3. Master the single leg squat before combining with wheel. Modify or progress any exercise to your level.
4. Keep your core engaged to protect your back.
5. Remember to breathe and use your breathing to flow with ease between exercises.
6. Learn how to roll ropes for fatloss, endurance, and performance with Intro to Rolling Ropes. Watch the video to see how rolling ropes can balance your body, help you burn fat, and make you a better athlete.