Modifying workouts due to knee injury
Wouldn't you know it I got injured...I should've listened to my body when I first felt that dull nagging right knee pain but I went running anyways & slacked off on my yoga workouts. Now I'm paying for it & I have to take a break from running.
In my past life I would've fallen off the wagon, not worked out for weeks or months until my knee felt better, & turned to food for comfort. Not anymore...especially in the midst of the holidays & rainy weather I'm looking at this as an challenge that I know I can overcome.
That said, here's what I've done to modify my workouts due to my knee injury:
1) Elliptical (using intervals to get my heart rate up)
2) Focus on core (time to dust off Tony Horton's ABX dvd)
3) Focus on upper body workouts
4) Yoga - minus the one leg balance poses
5) Lower body workouts - put away my 5-lb ankle weights, minus the squats, lunges & focus on more pilates moves like leg lifts.
6) Weighted hula hoop
7) Food - be extra vigilant especially during the holidays & make sure I get lots of quality foods - fruits, veggies, water, whole grains & fiber.
Do you have other suggestions? As always, I appreciate any advice you can give me. I have a binder dedicated just to your website because I've printed out a lot of the material because I'm always going back to reference it or review it especially when I need some extra motivation.